Outline –your digital notebook
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon to download this content for Free
Outline – one note app for offline, cloud & WebDAV. OneNote compatible & Office 365 powered.
Capture notes at any spot on a page and draggable around. Organize notes in the world's most natural hierarchy. Store notes in your local file system, and synced across devices with your favorite cloud.
Powered with import from Evernote and Circus Ponies.
ONENOTE'S BEST FRIEND
- Give your OneNote notes a new start beyond OneDrive or SharePoint
- Export to OneNote, just in case
- Go beyond import/export and do a real time collaboration on notes with colleagues who use OneNote (your Mac and their PCs)
- Choose where you want to store your notes: Dropbox, iCloud, WebDAV, Box, or OneDrive
- Consider a no-cloud option too: some notes need offline and cloud-free privacy
- Mind the coming-soon: SharePoint, OneDrive for Business / Office 365
- Find everything a note needs by the hand: text, lists, tables, images, checkboxes, hyperlinks, and more
- Put that stuff anywhere in a note and then move around / re-size / edit it all, the way you like
- Keep notes structured in a natural hierarchy of pages, sections, and notebooks
- Access a note fast via recents, search, and note links
- Manage font size and color, apply styles and highlighting
- Attach files and insert printouts, to collect documents in one place
- From OneNote
- From Circus Ponies
- From Evernote
Whether it is your meeting minutes, research, document annotations, ideas, or even a book, give those a chance to go beyond the limits.
Your notes are essential and do matter more than formats, storage, platforms, or even the app for note-taking.
"Outline features a full complement of tools to construct even the most complicated notes" - Mac|Life.
"I like Outline's clean user interface" – iMore.
"Outline has a comfortable Mac look and feel" - Mac Appstorm.
Featured in the "Alternatives to Evernote" collection on Product Hunt: producthunt.com/e/alternatives-to-evernote
Learn more about beyond-the-platform note-taking experience: check out fb.com/outlineapp
What's new in Version 3.21.2
Thanks for using Outline for Mac! This update brings bug fixes and performance improvements. Let us know how we’re doing by rating the app in the AppStore....More
Great note taking app! I can finally live without Circus Ponies Notebook
Ever since Circus Ponies Notebook closed it’s doors, my workflow hasn’t quite been the same. While Outline is still missing some of the features that made CPN stand out, it’s the closest thing I have found that fits into how I work best, and has the added bonus of MS OneNote integration and a mobile app. I’ve tried countless note taking solutions since the death of CPN, and this is simply the best solution for note taking that I’ve found that fits in with how I work.
I love the way Outline helps organize my notes, and with it’s integration with OneNote, I find myself using Outline to manage my work notes in OneNote. OneNote simply doesn’t allow for the level of complexity that I want with nested note pages, where Outline is a much more elegant solution when it comes to organization.
The search function is only OK at this time. It will bring me to the page, but many of my note pages are very long, so I have to hunt through the page for specific results. The Multi-Dex search from Notebook this is not, but it has seen some improvements since I’ve started using this as my primary note taking app.
One other feature I miss from CPN is the ability to throw tabs onto pages to get back to them quickly. It was the equivalent of putting a post-it note in a physical notebook that you could use to easily bookmark a page you need to get back to frequently.
Nearly the best productivity app that I have purchased
I would like to tell you that this app is perfect but sadly I cannot. It’s a great app and works as advertised. However, it crashes sometimes, and thats its only flaw. for this reason, it get’s 4 out of 5 stars.
Trying It Out - Visually Beautiful, But Some Things Are Clunky
I am running 3.21.2 on a 2014 Macbook Pro running the High Sierra 10.13.2. I am just at the beginning of trying to use this thing seriously, despite having bought it months ago. There are things about this app I think are really cool. There are things that are still pretty clunky. I’ve been trying to figure out how to use the print to Outline function, but am having trouble with it. I think that must be because I probably deleted the “unfiled” portion of the inbox to which such files are apparently dumped (although I don’t remember specifically doing that - it’s been that long since I last touched the app). I’ve used the Outline Cleaner tool, which did give me back the Inbox, but no unfiled section. Tedious. I have an email in with the Outline folks. Will update if we get it figured out. But this brings up a further clunkiness issue. If a very handy function is going to depend on a user not deleting something, which upon initial examination by a new user seems like a place holder, there should be some notes about that in the getting started section. I don’t think there are. Also, it’s a bit of a chore to remember the filepath to your various notebooks if for some reason you close one out. Again, tedious. For $40 these things should be easier, and you should have some font choices. I am also VERY concerned about the memory consumption issue mention by previous reviewers for 3.21.1, and am hoping that any issue there has been resolved. That would be a show stopper for me, as I am also doing graduate work, and want to be able to rely pretty heavily on something like this for a couple of my projects. If it proves reliable, I will be so happy! If not, I’ll have to make a decision to transition quickly to some other solution. I haven’t noticed any memory craziness, yet, but I don’t have a slew of data in this thing, yet, so we’ll see.
On the good side:
- I love that I can have some Notebooks reside locally, rather than requiring the cloud.
- This is a visually appealing app that doesn’t drown you in purple.
- It seems to do what I want it to do (allow me to store and organize stuff in a notebook format), and has fun and useful bells and whistles to add value/further meaning to what I’m collecting in my notebooks.
More to follow.
Customers Also Bought
- Mac App Store Price: $39.99
- Category: Productivity (Mac)
- Updated: Nov 15, 2017
- Version: 3.21.2
- Size: 47.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Gorillized
- © Gorillized Corporation
Requirements: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor